Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend in review

I wish I could report that I was a good blogger and took lots of pictures that captured the events of this last weekend of summer.  Sadly, I cannot.  Nothing but a good case of slackness on my part.  And to be really honest....it was a good weekend but nothing that was majorly photo worthy.

So...here it is in a bullet format.
  • Had a great time with neighbors Friday evening.  Impromptu gatherings are always fun.
  • Saturday....not sure what possessed me but I started out doing some shrub trimming in our backyard.  Started small and it blossomed big time.  I think when hubby brought out the electric shears, I should have run....but I didn't.  I saw the project through to the end.  Which made the next bullet more enjoyable.
  • Spent some quality time by the pool with my Kindle.  Nothing like some sun, peace & quiet, and the Kindle.
  • Shipped Morgan off to Charleston for a quick overnight trip to celebrate her BFF's 14th birthday.  She had a great time....lots of fun and memories.  The best kind of trip.
  • On Sunday, we went to cookout at friend's house.  Always good to have some catch up time with everyone.  Why do the women always end up in one area and the men in another?  Of course, the kids were all in one place--the pool.  Great evening and great food.  (especially the Key Lime and Choc. Chip pies--mercy!!!)
  • Monday was productive....and relaxing.  I was able to relax more because someone (under the watchful guidance/encouragement of yours truly) was able to organize and straighten up the study.  And was able to find a more organized home for ALL the camera gear we seem to be accumulating.  You just wouldn't believe all that "we" have. :-)  And it's all needed....or so I've been told.
Today was back to work.  Thank goodness for a short work week!  And it's even shorter for me....I hear the sounds of the ocean calling to me and my former roommates from college.  Can. Not. Wait.
Enjoy your week!
Tricia

No comments: