Friday, September 24, 2010

Finally Friday!

It's been a long week.  Seems like every time I've turned around there's been bad news...and all cancer bad news.  Heard about 2 children relapsing and a sweet lady from our church fighting a very very aggressive brain tumor.  And then I attended a meeting at the hospital to revive/re-do the support groups offered to parents chose children have cancer and to now include parents who have lost children.  It's so very needed at all levels but especially for parents who have lost children...it's something that was definitely missing from the hospital.  Anyway, going to the meeting made everything come to the surface...sort of raw and a reminder of the reality of childhood cancer.  There were parents who were nine years out of treatment, parents in the middle of treatment, parents who recently learned their child had cancer and 8 people who had lost their children to cancer.  That is reality right in your face....at all levels.  Just another reason why September Childhood Cancer Awareness is desparately needed!!  Awareness = funds = finding a cure!!

Ok, I am finished with the "downer" portion of this blog!
Moving on to something more light and fun....needed a little music today.  And for some odd reason, I'm learning towards country music today (more on that next week).  So here's my happy country music for the day.
Sugarland...Stuck Like Glue

Enjoy your weekend.
Tricia

1 comment:

Fancy said...

Great post.......