3 weeks ago this arrived.
Obviously at some point Jenna's name got on a Schick list.....and for her birthday this year they sent an Intuition razor. How thoughtful.
Back in July, it was a letter from the 2010 Charlotte Pageant letting her know that she was eligible to participate. That's my favorite....it made me laugh. I don't think Jenna would have been a "pageant girl". Could be wrong but just can't picture that one.
We've also gotten a letter from "College Admissions Assistance" with the opportunity to go for an interview on Sept 25th or 26th to help determine college admissions and financial aid eligibility.
Today it was a letter from Future Prep Educational Services. And for only $150 she can go to a SAT Review class.
I would really like to know how her name got on these lists. I have no doubt it was tied to her academics from her middle school days. It just proves how old these mailing lists can be. It doesn't necessarily make me mad ....sometimes a little sad...but mostly it gives me a major case of "are you serious?" or "man, I'd like to get hold of these people and tell them what it's like to receive this mail after my child has been gone for almost 4 years".
And do not even get me started on the phone calls....they're still coming in as well. You answer the phone and get "May I speak to Jenna's mom or dad?" That's always fun. Usually they explain why they're calling and I nicely inform them about our situation. They become mortified, apologize and then quickly end the call. Those I let off easy. Now the ones who have called and said "Jenna marked or chose to receive information"....they don't get off so easy. I go after them big time....sometimes its nice to take out a little grief anger on a total slimey telemarketer. (I know it's their job....but don't lie about the child showing an interest!!)
I've thought of calling and asking to be removed from the mailing lists.......but then do I really want to go through all of that? (and there isn't always a number to call) I don't want to become a raving lunatic about it. It's a piece of paper with my child's name on it....is that such a terrible thing? I don't think so. And if I ever want to be a raving lunatic about it, I have this blog and I can rant and rave all I want. But not today....today was simply one of those "I'm going to write about this" days. I had really just planned to have a Wordless Wednesday and put up a picture of Jenna and I got sidetracked by all this mail stuff. This makes me forget all the mail.. Tricia

2 comments:
What's the deal with that? Dad still gets phone calls for mom from the Cancer Society asking for money. We kindly explain she passed away 4 years ago from cancer!!! Go ahead friend let it out!!!
I second Lucy.....give them my number next time....I am not as nice as you....remember, I've been in a very bad mood for forty years .........
Love you!!!
Post a Comment