Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summerfest

It has been 3 or 4 years since we attended Summerfest.  It's the annual festival held in my hometown every summer.  Usually when I go, it's like a mini class reunion....run into lots of friends from school.  My mom called and "invited/encouraged" us to attend this year.  Since we had nothing else to do, we made the drive and joined her.
It was very hot, very crowded and very entertaining.  And I did run into several of my high school friends within minutes of arriving.  (some things never change)
The best part for Morgan was getting a funnel cake....she was a very happy camper.
And then there is the "you have got to be kidding me.....where do these people come from?" portion of the day.  A picture is worth a thousand words friends!
And of course, the strange and "who came up with that?" portion of the day.  It's actually a BBQ smoker.
You just never know what you'll see.....obviously!  It was nice to spend some time with mom.....and see a few people, but I don't think we'll be going back for another 2-3 years.  I think we had about all we could handle this trip.
Tricia

2 comments:

Mary said...

OK...that hair is DISTURBING!!!! :/

Tricia said...

I know Mary...can you believe it?