It’s Prom time here in town. The next two weekends the local high schools will have their proms. There’s a lot of excitement surrounding it, of course. I’m excited for all the kids that are going - it’s an important event (for most of them). But I’d be fooling myself and everyone if I didn’t admit that it’s one of those tough things for me. It’s one of those “Jenna should be…” things. It’s one of those things that squeezes my heart and makes me miss her even more. We should have shopped for her dress. We should have picked out all the accessories and decided what color corsage she needed. I wonder if she’d have a date (who would it be?) or just go with a group of people (they do that now). I wonder what color dress she would wear. I know how beautiful she would be. Yes, my mind has been busy. It can’t be helped and it’s totally normal for a parent who has lost a child to feel this way. (I have friends who are just like me and have shared their experiences—just for those who wonder if it’s just me :-)
I have my moments filled with these thoughts but I also know that what Jenna has right now in heaven is so much better than a prom. So, that’s where I’ll keep my focus. It’s the best place for my mind to be. This song sort of sums it up.
Sorry for the deep post today but it's what was on my mind so thought I'd "download it" here. It takes me back to the days when I wrote on the Caringbridge site and could just write things and would feel better. I think it worked...a little :-)
Take care, Tricia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment