Saturday, July 7, 2012

Catching up

So, it's been a while since I've written.  Guess I better catch you up on the latest.
  • We had a great trip to Camp Care.  It was amazing to see all the kids just being regular kids and having a great time.  For the majority of the kids, you couldn't even tell they were sick.  And the volunteers were so awesome--the level of energy they had at the end of the week was something to see.  I wish I could share some of the photos that hubby took--they captured the fun and joy.  (privacy issues for kids)  I also got to see a few friends and catch up with them.  This is Sharon from Child Life who we all love and Mr. Ralph who is 60 yrs young and a counselor with the 6-7 yr old boys.  He's been doing it for years.  We met him at the hospital when he was volunteering there.  He's also a really good Santa during the holidays.  It wasn't too hard to be at Camp but the next day was a "missing Jenna" day.  It brought up lots of happy memories and made me miss her.  Just normal stuff.

Have I mentioned how aggrevating this blogspot can be?  It is messing with my bullets again!  It doesn't like when you add a picture.  Whatever!
  •  We had a fun 4th of July at a friends house.  It was fun to catch up with friends and enjoy a yummy shrimp boil.  I took no pictures.  And probably a good thing since I was literally melting.....yes, like dripping sweat and soaking wet sort of melting.  It's been really hot here.  My body doesn't respond well to the heat.  :-)
  • The sweet potato vine isn't responding well to the heat either.  It's looking pretty sad.  Maybe it needs more water.  I've been a little slack in that area. 
    The flowers in pots on the  patio are looking quite fabulous if I do say so myself. 

  • I have had a birthday since my last post.  It was very nice and very low key.  I got a new watch and some new shoes and some clothes.  (and Amazon gift cards!) We did a lot of eating to celebrate.  Here are a couple photos we took that day.  We didn't capture any of the food or the fun.  We just got pictures before dinner.  We are so slack with the camera.  I look older, don't I?  Maybe I'm just feeling older.  :-) 

  • I guess that's about all for now.  We're into a relaxing weekend and enjoying it.  Hope you are too.  Tricia


No comments: