Thoughts on Spring
• Love everything in bloom. Hate the pollen that comes along with it. It is horrible this year.
• It’s time to uncover the pool. We’re doing that later today.
• One week until spring break. No big plans this year. I’ll be working 3 days that week. We may do something later in the week—who knows? We’re just going to be spontaneous
• Hearing this song always makes me think about spring. Don’t really know why but it does.
http://youtu.be/TU6GF7l7E5M
• It’s always nice to add some new clothes or shoes to the wardrobe when spring rolls around. I really like to do this. We seem to be on a new shoe kick at our house. (this includes Morgan who seems to feel the same way as I do)
• Not so thrilled about putting on shorts this spring. Being in the mid-40’s has not been good for my hips and thighs. And it totally ticks me off—why does everything change on you? Just when you’ve sort of got it going on, the mid-40s hit and your body just gets whacked out. I could ramble for days on this subject...maybe a complete post for another time.
• Spring also means Easter candy which I LOVE but have been avoiding due to above comments. Ok, I may have had a peep or two but that’s it. My crowd LOVES peeps.
• There’s a lot of yard work that comes this time of year. Luckily we have free time on the weekend’s now so we can get it done. In the past with travel soccer, our weekends have been too busy with games to get a lot accomplished. Now our soccer games are during the week. I’m ready to plant some pretty flowers in the yard. (I always say this and then I grumble when I’m doing the actual planting – just fyi)
• Not totally related but just looked at the calendar and realized tomorrow marks 8 years since we heard the words “Jenna has a golf ball sized tumor on her brain” and we entered the world of pediatric cancer. WOW. So many changes in our life since that day.
* Strawberries!! Just saw that the Peach Stand is going to start selling strawberries tomorrow. That's early. (this no winter thing has got everything happening earlier than normal)
That’s about all I can come up with right now. Hope everyone is having a great spring day! (and surviving all the pollen)
Tricia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment