Wish I had some great reason or story behind my lack of blogging but I do not. I think it’s just been the January blahs and we’re not actually doing anything that’s remotely entertaining enough for this riveting blog. Ha Ha
Thought I’d just do same rambling and see what we end up with today.
1. It finally feels like winter here. 60 degree weather is not normal around here in January.2. Morgan has been out of school for long weekend due to end of semester. (she had half day on Thurs. and off Fri and Mon.) She just finished her exams and I am proud to report she made straight A’s! And yes, that would include an A in her Geometry class. Girlfriend can so some math J She’ll start an all new round of classes tomorrow.
3. It’s also soccer conditioning time for the high school teams. Morgan’s been working out after school about 4 days a week. Tryouts for the JV and Varsity teams will be at the end of this month.
4. I’ve been battling some minor aches and pains that have limited my exercising. It would be so much better if there was some major story about how I hurt my back but instead, it’s a case of “I moved this way and it pulled something in my neck/shoulder.” Boring but true. Someone in the house may have pointed out that I’m “old” and that’s what happens when you get old. Regardless, it hurt and I couldn’t work out for a week. Not good when you’re coming off the holidays. Why does your body want to hang onto those holiday pounds so desparately??
5. There has been some major cleaning and purging going on around here. Especially in the scrapbook room. I think “junk” room would be a better choice of words. It is now the “hobby” room. Somebody needed room for ALL his photography equipment so I have to share my space. It’s looking much better, on his side of the room anyway. I seem to be procrastinating on getting my side straightened up. I seem to be procrastinating on a lot of things.
6. We’ve been watching some riveting TV shows around here too. We’ve all gotten hooked on “Storage Wars” and “Moonshiners”. “Moonshiners” is actually over for the season. It just goes to show that they’ve run out of good topics for reality shows. I can remember my grandmother talking about people making moonshine. They lived in Boone, NC and it wasn’t uncommon (back in the day). She even had an old whiskey bottle that had moonshine and camphor in it. She used it on sore muscles or any old ache and pain you had. We loved it as kids. She always told us my grandfather would go to the police station and they would fill up the bottle with confiscated moonshine as long as you brought the block of camphor with you. I think that story is why I even thought about watching the show.
7. The birds in our yard are eating a ton of bird food. I fill up the feeder just about every day. (just did it so that’s why this is fresh in my mind) The squirrels may be eating a lot of it too. I need one of those high tech squirrel proof feeders. For now I have Wilson. Whenever there is a squirrel on the feeder we go outside and say “Wilson, squirrel” and the dog takes off like a mad man. It’s very entertaining.
8. I really need to get off the computer and either exercise or work on my side of the hobby room. Honestly, neither of them is appealing at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment