Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mission Accomplished

There are certain people in our house who tend to get very nervous about new situations or school changes--like even starting school.  And maybe they were so nervous they were physically sick on the first day of middle school a few years back.  Armed with all this information, I felt it was my mission to create some form of distraction for this individual.  This year we had the first ever, "Back to School" playlist.  There were some great tunes blasting through the house by 7:15am this morning.  It was quite the diverse mixture of songs.  There were "Rocky" tunes like "Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly".  Then there were a couple Glee songs like "Raise Your Glass" and "Don't Stop Believin".  I had to throw in some current pop songs too but my personal favorite was MC Hammer "You Can't Touch This".  No better way to start out a freshman year.   I knew I had done well when I first got an eye roll and then I was told "you're not right".  I think that right there is high praise to this mom. :-)  It was a great morning!  No stress and no sickness.  Mission Accomplished.
Freshman Year 2011
The Classic Pose with Wilson
After school backpack organizing.
And finally, sharing the details of the day with Dad while he grills.

It was a great start to a great year! 
Wishing everyone a great school year,
Tricia

1 comment:

Linda said...

I think the playlist sounds great!
Morgan's hair looks good long... she just always looks pretty & pulled together... don't you all have bad hair days? :-) Nicole's friends are starting to primp for school (makeup, hairdos...), but Nicole is "ready" in about 10 min. Good thing, because our before-school routine includes piano practice before leaving at 7:10!