Sunday, October 14, 2012

Where have I been?

Obviously it's been a while since I've been here.  I had a really good excuse.  I was in Seattle with hubby.  I was actually able to travel with him for a change.  He laughingly told several people that he realized if he wanted to see me, he needed to bring me along on a trip.
This trip was to celebrate his 20 yrs at Microsoft.  They hosted a great event for employees celebrating 20, 25 & 30 yrs with the company.  We went out a couple days early so we could act like tourists.  I had actually been before a couple times and hubby has obviously been there a lot.
The view from our hotel room.
Doing the tourist thing.
View of Seattle at night.  We had a great dinner at Salty's.
Here's a couple shots of Microsoft campus....yes, it's big enough to be a college campus.
They have a soccer field on campus too.
Part of the anniversary celebration was an excursion to Blake Island State Park.  Notice the gray skies.
They prepared salmon this way for our lunch.  Yummy!!
Hanging on the island....someone taking pictures....imagine!
This was our view on the way back into Seattle from the island.  Yay for sunshine in Seattle!
Me and my date for the celebration dinner/event.
I stood on these all night.....need I say more?
 
It was a great trip!  I'm ready for my next trip but I think it will probably be a while.  Don't think that's the case with hubby though.  It won't be long til he's on the road again.
Tricia
 

No comments: