I have been informed once again by my child that I am a bad blogger. She reads a lot of the blogs I follow and those ladies write almost every single day. I tried to explain to her that I don't write this blog to document every single thing we do. It would be quite boring, I assure you. I also explained there would be some definite down time here unless she wants me to discuss every single thing she does. And I can assure you, that would not make her happy. She barely lets me discuss her with the grandparents. Ha Ha.
So, today's blog is only being written to appease Morgan and it will be pretty random.
1) I have to give a big birthday shout out to the hubby. Happy Birthday! We love you!
It will probably take a couple days for him to find this birthday shout out. He doesn't exactly check the old blog every day. And he's too busy playing in a golf tournament the next few days to be bothered. He's a happy camper. Playing golf on his birthday and afterwards too. I don't discuss him on the blog very much. He's kind of like Morgan (I think I've mentioned the whole apple not falling far from the tree thing, haven't I??) and doesn't want to be discussed too much here in the blog world.2. Powder Puff Part 2 was played without any interruption from Mother Nature. The freshman didn't end up winning. The sophmores had a little more speed and experience. And better coaches too (Morgan's version/excuse). The Seniors beat the Juniors so the final showdown for the trophy was between the Sophmores and the Seniors. I am happy to say the Seniors won. This was the fourth straight victory for this group of girls. They won every year--as Freshman, Sophmores, Juniors and Seniors. This team consisted of a lot of Jenna's bestest friends so I was really happy for them. Now onto the photos.
Cheesing it up for the photographer.
Playing Center Again.Looking tough and ready to play here.
Oh look, there's a camera. Not so tough and ready now. :-)
Seniors celebrating their win.
Seniors holding up the trophy. Notice those periwinkle bracelets? Those are the "Jenna's Legacy of Smiles" bracelets that her friends still wear in memory of Jenna. Makes me smile...a lot.
3. They are repaving one of the main roads to get to our house. It is very very annoying. And my car is so dusty and dirty from it all.
4. I am reading I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy by Angie Smith.
It has been out for a while but I am just now getting around to reading it. It is really good but I will admit there have been a few tears shed as I was reading. Losing a child at any time is never easy. I am just starting Chapter 8 so I'm not too far into it yet.
5. Morgan is in a wedding in November and we are getting so excited. Can't wait to be able to show you pictures of her in the dress. There's a long family connection with the bride, her mother, and me. Also can't wait to show you some pictures of 3 generations of brides and our connection....if I can get the copies I need.
6. Saw Mary J. Blige on Dancing With the Stars this week. She sang this song and I loved it.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/7whhGxodlKw (can't get video to come up here...sorry)
7. Morgan brought home her first high school report card this week. (her school operates on a semester/block system to report cards come out every 6 weeks) Happy to report she made all A's. We're very proud of her. Oh, I wonder if I'll get in trouble for writing that here. She'll just have to get over it. :-)
I think that is about it for the randomness tonight. Hope you've all had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend like I am. Tricia







No comments:
Post a Comment