Thursday, July 7, 2011

I see a theme

It seems like the next things I need to write about all involve a theme.  And the theme is food. 
We joined Fancy and her family for a fabulous meal on the 4th.  It was yummy!
But the absolute best part was the red velvet cake that Fancy made me for my birthday.  And of course there was homemade vanilla ice cream to go with it.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed both of those.  (and Morgan was happy to find some of the cake here when she came home from the beach yesterday)

Having a birthday right after the 4th is tough.  You eat and eat on the 4th and then you have to/get to? do it all over again the next day.  I had a nice, low key birthday.  One of the highlights was this yummy chocolate peanut butter cupcake.  Can't complain about a boss who knows the importance of good food like this to celebrate a birthday.
And then to finish off the day, hubby took me out to dinner!  I did have a salad but there may have been a crabcake involved too.  Do you see where the title of this post came from???  

All the festivities are over for a while so it's back to the normal routine around here.  Yes, that means exercising, running, and trying to eat relatively healthy.  It sure isn't as much fun as we've been having.
Take care,
Tricia

4 comments:

Fancy said...

Can't think of anyone i would have rather spent the Fourth with!!! Good food, good company, good memories!!!!

Linda said...

I would fly across country for a piece of that birthday cake. :-)
What are the dots?? I only make red velvet about once a year, with the EASIEST decoration - red (real) roses), IF I stop to decorate before digging in. :-)

Linda said...

I haven't had HOMEMADE icecream in years. I might need to make some new friends. ha!

Linda said...

test - having trouble on nephew's blogs posting comments...