Monday, May 9, 2011

I might be M-I-A

There probably won’t be a lot of activity here on the blog this week. My plate is very full with lots of activities that won’t allow much time for blogging. So before things get too crazy here’s a little of what’s been going on and what will be going on around here.
1. Had a great time at the Strawberry Festival here in town on Sat. I spent some time volunteering in the Cookies for Kids Cancer booth. It was great to see the donations that were coming in and knowing that 100% of the proceeds go directly to pediatric cancer research.

2. We had help spreading mulch this year. Best decision ever! Our arms and backs agree. It did free us up to take out shrubs and other things in the yard.

3. Also had a good Mother’s Day. Spent a few hours at the Wells Fargo golf tournament. We had a friend who got us some tent passes which made it an even better experience. The rest of the day was just relaxing and hanging out at home.

4. Tonight is the middle school girls soccer awards night. I’m in charge of picking up the cake, etc for that.

5. Friday is the 8th grade dance at Morgan’s school. I volunteered to be in charge of it at the end of last year. Busy week getting decorations ready, food donations gathered, etc. We’ll decorate on Friday afternoon. I’ve had lots of help on this so it’s been great.

6. Morgan made a dress switch for the dance so we will now have to shop for a new pair of shoes. Morgan is not a big fan of shopping for shoes. This won’t be fun for her or me.

7. Morgan is having some friends come to our house for a swim and bonfire after the 8th grade dance on Friday night. More preparations.

8. We’re hosting the end of season (club) soccer swim party at our house on Sunday afternoon. More preparations.

9. After all this my calendar is pretty clear. And I can’t wait.

Have a good week everyone!

No comments: