I have satellite radio in my car and I LOVE it. There are so many stations to choose from and there isn’t a lot of talking and commercials. When I’m driving and Morgan’s in the car, we can usually find a station we can both agree on. (harder to do when hubby & I are in the car—big differences in musical tastes) Most of the time we listen to the 80s station or to the Pop station. Today was different—I was in the car all by myself all day! I didn’t have a single passenger –which meant I could listen to ANY music I wanted. Today I pretty much stuck to 2 stations: “Love - all love songs” and “Classic Rewind – 70’s & 80’s Classic Rock”. Go ahead and laugh at me…..yes, I listened to love songs and classic rock only today. I pretty much stuck to Love but occasionally it would get too sappy and I’d have to switch to some classic rock.
Here’s just a sampling of the songs I heard today. (Note—it was obviously Bette Midler day because they played 3 different songs by her during the course of the day. There’s only so much Bette you can take) These are in no particular order—just part of the random way I remembered what I heard and from scribbled notes I wrote.
The Wind Beneath My Wings Bette Midler
The Rose Bette Midler
(this reminds me of my freshman year in high school)
From a Distance Bette Midler
I’ll Never Love This Way Again Dionne Warwick (yes I had to change station on this one)
Any Way You Want It Journey
Wedding Bell Blues The 5th Dimension
Reunited Peaches & Herb
(ok this one took me back to 1983—remember singing this into my hairbrush or while riding around in the car with my friends Jeri, Chris & Stanley—good times)
Whiskey Man Molly Hatchet
Lady Love Lou Rawls
(reminds me of when I lived in Cheraw)
I Ain’t Missing You John Waite
(definitely a Winthrop days song)
Nobody Does it Better Carly Simon
(can’t help but think about James Bond movies when you hear this—don’t know which movie it’s from though)
What Kind of Fool Barbara Streisand & Barry Gibb
(totally wish they’d played “The Way We Were”—it was on TV the other night and I watched some of it but didn’t make it to the end when she sings it.)
I wish I could remember more. I was in the car a lot today….and totally enjoyed being in charge of the radio stations for a change—even if I did listen to hokey old sappy songs with a little classic rock on the side. Variety is the spice of life friends!
Tricia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment