Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fragile

It seems everything on the news the last few days has been a constant reminder at how very fragile life can be.  The earthquake and tsunami in Japan is the most obvious.  It's hard to fathom that a whole town/village of 10,000 is gone as a result of the tsunami--you can think about it--but it's really hard to grasp I think.
Here locally a father headed to a swim meet with his family is killed when standing by a car crash just 20 minutes after leaving their home.  And my dad's brother passed away on Sunday evening after battling cancer for quite a while. We'll be attending his funeral tomorrow.   It just seems there are so many sad things happening every time you turn around.  It's easy to get weighed down by all the negative and bad things.  I can't say that there are good things in these situations.....other than it brings to the front on my mind how fragile life can be and I need to appreciate and enjoy every minute of it with the ones I love.  Some days I need to remember "don't sweat the small stuff".
Ok, that's about deep enough for today.

Since I don't have pictures of my weekend I will share Morgan's.  She scored a goal while I was out of town and it was captured on film.  It looks very professional.

And the love from the teammates...

Have a great week friends....don't forget what's really important!  Tricia

No comments: