Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finishing Hawaii

Going to keep it simple for my final post on Kauai. I feel like this has been going on forever….you’ve probably had enough so I will finish so that we can move onto some other fascinating topics.
Some of the highlights:
• Waimea Canyon – it’s like the Grand Canyon on an island. We got to the very top and were just able to see out to the ocean before we were literally enveloped in a cloud in like one minute and could see nothing.
• Luau – if you go to Hawaii, it’s got to be done. Not my favorite thing we did but it was fun and entertaining. We got to see the imu ceremony (guys blow conch shells, then use shovels to unearth the kalua pig) Food was great and a great location…lots of peacocks roaming around.

• By far, my favorite thing was our Na Pali coast sunset cruise. We headed out from the North Shore and sailed the Na Pali coast on a catamaran boat. It was “gorgeous” and so much fun. There were only 14 of us (my parents didn’t go on this one) on the cruise so it was very low key and the crew spent a lot of time chatting with us and giving us lots of interesting info. And the pictures that Michael took are great. I could spend a week just posting them.

It was a great trip and a once in a lifetime experience. I’m so glad my brother came up with this idea for celebrating our parents anniversary. We are blessed to have parents celebrating their 50th anniversary –that’s pretty rare these days.

I’m already thinking about going back in 3-4 years. Who wants to join us??
Aloha--Tricia

No comments: