Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September

We're halfway thru September and here a few things on my mind.

1.  Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  (you know I had to cover this topic)  There has been more attention this year and I truly hope it raises the funds that are so desperately needed. I'm especially excited that Nation Ford spirit club is sponsoring a "Going Gold for Childhood Cancer" theme this Friday night.  If you're going to the game break out your yellow/gold and show your support!  Morgan decided she needed a "cheer bow" to wear in her hair--so she used the trusty internet for a "how to" video.  It was a first in our house--there has never been anything cheer related here.
We've had a bow on our mailbox for weeks.  I've seen a lot around town too.  It's great.
There are so many precious children battling this awful disease.  Please pray for Harlan and his family.  He has the same tumor that Jenna had and has recently received news that no family should never hear after his latest MRI.  I've also been asked to pray for a 5 yr old girl named Jayelynn who has just been diagnosed with a very aggressive brain tumor.  There are so many that need our prayers.  Please, please, please pray!

2.  This will be the old woman complaining portion of this post.  I have been battling plantar fasciitis in my left foot for over a month.  It. Is. NOT. pleasant.  At all.  I've never had a problem with my feet before and let me just tell you that I had no idea how bad it could be.  Luckily I've found some specialized shoe inserts that seem to be helping.  I'm not 100% but maybe close to 75% now.  I'll take it for now.  

3.  I can't think of anything else.  I could talk about Morgan's senior year or the weather or the cat but that's really a bit hohum for me today.  There's just not much to report.  I will leave you with a photo from last week's NF spirit theme "Merica".  These girls love them some red, white, & blue and boots. :-)
Tricia

No comments: