Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New and unexciting

Hello all
I am back from my brief hiatus from blogging. I wish I had lots of new and exciting stories from our lives to pass along. Unfortunately, I do not. We’ve been going to soccer games, doing some yard work, working and counting the days til summer break.

Here are a few random thoughts for this chilly Tuesday.
• Speaking of chilly, what is up with this crazy weather? The heat has come on during the night the last couple nights. I have actually covered up plants due to frost warnings two times this spring. I don’t know why but covering up my plants makes me feel old. My mother covered up plants...not me.

• Boot camp is going well. We’ve had 4 sessions so far and we have to keep a detailed food journal. I haven’t “hated” Denese too much so far. There have been several moments of extreme dislike but no hating (yet). I am the senior member of the group. That means I’m the oldest one. I am hanging with no problems so the age thing is not a factor. Can’t pull the AARP card, darn it. The food journal is really helping me. I can already tell a difference in this area. (which impacts the scale)

• It’s time for another concert. Hubby and I will be at the Van Halen concert tomorrow night. We go from Zac Brown to Van Halen. I guess you could use the song lyrics “I’m a little bit country” and “I’m a little bit rock and roll” for the two of us. Cannot believe I just used Donny and Marie song lyrics while talking about a Van Halen concert. Anyway, it should be a good show with lots of the classic songs.

• Lots of thinking about Jenna lately. I spoke at a ladies bible study this morning and shared our journey. That brought up a lot of memories—especially some from the very beginning. We also had Senior night for the varsity girls soccer team last week. It was bittersweet watching 2 of Jenna’s closest friends be recognized. Couldn’t help but think that Jenna should have been right out on that field with them. I am sure she has been smiling down at her friends and at her sister when she plays with them.

• The JV team has 3 more games and then their season will be over. We’re heading to York tonight. Right now they are undefeated in the region. It’s very likely they will win for the region. JV doesn’t have playoffs, etc. The Varsity girls could end up in the playoffs and it’s a strong possibility that some of the JV girls will be pulled up to play with them.

• We’ve lined up a great long weekend road trip later in May. I lucked up and saw that the US Women’s National soccer team was playing China in Pennsylvania and tickets were on pre-sale. After a quick check with hubby, I bought tickets and we surprised Morgan with them. This is the team that will be playing in the Olympics later this summer. We are all excited about seeing them. It’s obviously not as good as being in London for Olympics but we’ll take it.

I guess that's about all for today.  There's only so much news and unexcitement to pass along.
Tricia

No comments: