Monday, November 16, 2009

Special Day

It seems I'm talking about special days all over the place. Just talked about Jenna's End of Treatment party over at the Caringbridge site and now I am going to be blogging about a special day 18 years ago--our wedding. Well, maybe not so much blogging but more showing photos. They have cracked me up. (and these are scanned so don't expect great quality) And these pictures were taken with actual film!! (boy does that make me feel old)

The girls of the wedding. Have you ever seen so much big hair? LOL

The whole wedding party....guys with hair and none of it is gray. :-)
Got to have the traditional cutting of cake. And look--my eyes are looking away from the camera--I catch grief for doing that all the time when Michael is taking pictures!
And finally the leaving the reception shot. Bird seed every where!
So, this my special day 18 years ago. It is one that will never be forgotten. I feel blessed and thankful to have Michael as my husband. (and really glad I was "convinced" to go out on a second date with him!) We have weathered storms that no couple (as parents) should ever have to weather but we made it. And we're still standing, still able to smile, still able to find joy in the little things and all of that to us is a really really big deal.
Love, Tricia

3 comments:

Fancy said...

It is a really big deal to me, too....

Happy Anniversary to two of the strongest people I know. I love you both! Big hair and all......!

Lucy Brazzell said...

LOVE IT!!!! I love the veil- speaks volumes and so does the hair!!! Yall are 2 of the strongest people I know and I am so thankful God crossed our paths!! Happy Anniversary!!!!! Love yall!!

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :)