It's another rainy day and it's not good for my disposition at all. But I have decided to make my Mother's day post a little different. You know it's not the easiest day to celebrate but I do the best I can. I've been thinking about this post and I think it fits with Mother's Day....
How does a child develop their "signature" show of dissatisfaction? I personally was a door slammer. When I wasn't happy or things weren't going my way, Iwould huff off to my room and slam the door. I had skills. I could make the walls of the house vibrate. (we will not discuss the parenting that came after the slamming--this is about the act, not necessarily the punishment)
Now Miss Morgan, she's a stomper. If things aren't going according to her plan, she STOMPS up the stairs or stomps through the house. She's got some pretty good skills--you can hear her pretty much anywhere throughout the house. I think the hardwood floors are the key--it really makes it loud. The grumbling/complaining to herself is really good too. But it's interesting--she's never slammed her door. I mean if I were a prepubescent girl I would combine a stomp with the door slam.....but that's just me. And I guess I don't need to give Morgan any ideas, do I?
And I do have to wonder....what would have been Jenna's signature move? I think she would have stayed as my eye roller who would give you the "look" and just go away from you with an air of "you are so annoying/clueless right now".
Feeling thankful to have been blessed with two very special and very different daughters.
Have a good week friends.
Love,
Tricia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well Tricia rarely did I ever get upset with my parents!!! HA- my way of doing things was the stomping thing and the rolling eyes!! I was a double. My sweet little Burns just puts a pout on her face and crosses her arms. O the things they learn at such an early age!!!!
I was a door-slammer, as well...one time I slammed my bedroom door so hard, that all of the pictures fell off the wall in the hall and broke all of the glass out of the frames....I paid for that one dearly...I don't think I slammed another door after that - lol! I think you are right about Jenna...a girl of few words, but many looks...!!! But I think most of the looks would have been followed by her million dollar smile...miss that...miss her...
Love you and glad your Mother's Day was good! Jenna and Morgan are blessed that you are their mom!
Post a Comment