Morgan and Michael were playing with her new inflatable soccer ball last week and it made me think back to my childhood when we spent all of our days outdoors playing. Once school was out, we would have breakfast and then head out the door to friends houses on the street. We checked in occasionally but not too often. Only to return for lunch or dinner. We played in the woods surrounding our houses, rode our bikes, or something equally as fun. Usually we didn't come in until my mom gave us a "shout out" (ok, that means she stood in the back yard and yelled for us to come home). It's sad that not a lot of kids have that today.
I have to say that as a kid, I don't remember celebrating Memorial Day.....I don't remember talking about it or understanding what the day really meant. I do remember people selling Poppies outside the stores. I wonder if that was a generational thing--we didn't have close relatives who had served and lost their lives. I think Morgan will grow up with a much greater understanding and appreciation for it. Most of her life our country has been at war. Wow. So today I am thankful for all those past and present who have served and helped give us our freedom.
Ok, that was my walk down memory lane. Here's some of the photos from the fun in the front yard. (and PS if anyone runs across inflatible soccer balls let me know!! This one came from Marshalls.)

You have to make this pose when you do a corner kick....for real.
Now this is just a pose for the camera. :-)
Had to show Dad busting a move.
Take care,Tricia
2 comments:
I want one of those!!! Looks like fun- why were you not out there kicking it? Let me know if you find any more. Hope your day is going well!!
That is the biggest soccer ball I have ever seen!!!! Caleb would LOVE that!
Post a Comment