It's pretty bad when your loving daughter tells you that you are a slack blogger. Once I got that comment, I asked if she would like to take over my blog and maybe be a guest blogger for a while. I got a big fat "no" on that. So here I am, trying to do a little better with my blogging. Can't guarantee I'm going to do much better. I am in summer mode and blogging just isn't a big priority and there isn't much to report these days.
Here's a brief recap of what's been happening here.
1. I drove this beauty a little over two weeks while my car was in the shop having the hail damage repaired. It really wasn't bad. It did have a FL license tag and I always felt like I need to get right up on the steering wheel and drive like a FL retiree. LOL
2. I signed up for a 30 day boot camp challenge. We meet 3 days a week for intense (that's a nice word for it) outdoor workouts from 8-9am. This is our fearless leader. She is evil. (I've told her that once or twice) She is retired from the military where she served as a drill sergeant. Do I need to say more?
I was probably thinking really bad thoughts about her here....after she made us hop on one foot and lean forward and touch the ground after every hop. (and turn yourself around and do the hokey pokey-Ha)
And she made us flip these across the field and back. Now that was fun. :-)
3. I just finished reading this book. It was good. And it made me want to go to Folly Beach. It's not that far really. I think I just want to hit any beach at this point. My toes need to be in the sand!
4. It was golf tournament weekend here in FM. We had a great time having friends over on Friday night and then hanging out again on Sat. Always a good time and lots of laughter with these friends.
5. This is what my dining room table is going to look like until I finish a scrapbook album. I started the album about 2+ years ago and it was for a trip that was 6 years ago. Yes, this is the ultimate in procrastination! But I will say that the pictures and the notes I've been working with have made me smile and brought back some great memories. Note to everyone: you can never take too many pictures of your loved ones!! (and don't just keep them on your computer--print them out and put in an album or make a digital photo album)
I think that's about it for now. You all are officially "in the know". We might have a trip or two coming up before the summer is over. They might be completely different trips....big city, big lights and chillin with the sounds of the ocean close by. So there will be more to come, eventually. If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm focusing on the scrapbooking! (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
Enjoy your summer days,
Tricia
No comments:
Post a Comment