Thursday, November 27, 2008

A New World

Here I am....in a new world. I'm expanding my horizons. For the last 4 1/2 years I've done all my posts thru Caringbridge---and it's been great. It was a place to share our ups and downs thru Jenna's fight with cancer and now we share our lives without Jenna there. I will continue the Caringbridge site---not ready to leave that world all together. But now it's time to have a place to cover our "new normal" and all our daily adventures.

It was quite a challenge to come up with a name for my blog---I wanted it to be catchy and yet meaningful....but not too deep. I think I spent way too much time on the whole name thing. Anyway, I came up with tons of name but one of the last ones was Tricia's Treasures. I liked the scripture in Matthew 6 that says...
19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
I think part of my heart is in heaven already so I was sure that would be my blog name. Then about a week ago someone left this quote on Jenna's Caringbridge site...
"Life can be the same after a trinket has been lost, but never after the loss of a treasure." Author Unknown
After reading that I knew I had the perfect name for my blog!!

So here I am--an official "blogger". My first order of business if to find a better background--I've seen lots of cutesy blogs--where do those polka dot backgrounds come from? Anyone know? I'll try and update weekly....maybe a couple times a week...will just depend on what's happening in our lives. Please feel free to leave comments--I can actually respond to them online. It's pretty neat.

Thanks for joining me on this new adventure in a new world.

Take care!
Tricia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool to have your own blog! hope you had a great holiday. ours was good. Too much holiday food of course- why is it so easy to put on and so hard to take off??? Have fun-
Pippa

Anonymous said...

This is going to be great for you! I look forward to making "fancy" comments for years to come!!

Anonymous said...

Tricia.....Laura led me to your blog....I'm excited.....I'll add you to my list of favorites....we can be bloggie friends!

Lucy Brazzell said...

LOVE IT!!! So glad you joined. Now we have to remind eachother to update it!!! Happy blogging!!

Lynn Ringley said...

Yeah! You decided to do it... good for you! I hope you all had a good thanksgiving. I'll look forward to your updates...Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

You go girl. We I'm tired of all the heavy food and now it's time for some heavy drinking to wash it all out. Hope to see you soon.

Jerry